The Mission of the Newington Police Department is:
“Commitment To Community”
The Mission of the Newington Police Department is to efficiently safeguard the lives and property of our citizens, to reduce the fear and incidence of crime, and to promote a safe environment through a police-citizen partnership. We will do so with mutual trust and integrity, while at all times holding ourselves to the highest ethical standards to maintain public confidence. We undertake our duty with courage, serving as guardians to our community, Industrial area, Pease International Tradeport and the New Hampshire Air National Guard, without fear or favor.
- We respect the law and the human dignity of all people.
- We are committed to honesty and ethical behavior in all our actions.
- We accept individual responsibility and accountability for our actions and decisions.
- We are dedicated to protecting the rights of all people.
- We believe all people deserve impartial, effective and efficient police services.
- We recognize that enforcement can and should co-exist with empathy, compassion and kindness.
- Within the department we collaborate through a team-oriented approach to identify issues, creatively problem-solve, and encourage personal and professional growth.
- With the public, we strive to develop an active and positive relationship within the community. It is paramount to work not only for, but with our citizenry.
- We will promote a safe community through our professional presence, policing models, community partnership, and enforcement.
- Our professional goals and actions will be directed by identified needs.